Friday, October 6, 2017

Quilt Finish, Cranston Panel

Our local quilt guild challenge for 2017 was to use any panel in any quilted project.  I knew exactly what I would use...a Cranston Print from the 1980's.  It was part of our mother's fabric stash when she passed away in 1987.



The panels were a little wonky, so I decided to add a few strips to frame then straighten them.  To accent the birds, I added a few filler blocks I made a while back (nothing like using leftovers)...from a book called "Link to the 30s". The other reason the filler blocks were perfect...the background fabric matched the panel.


I snapped a picture as it came off the quilting frame, because I could see the quilting texture.


After the binding was done, a quick picture outside.  Its a small quilt and will be hung somewhere in my bedroom....I think our mom would be pleased I finally used the panel.


5 comments:

Charlene S said...

Very pretty wall hanging.

Julia Graber said...

I love how you have arranged and complimented the bird blocks.

Karen said...

Beautiful quilt.

Mary Marcotte said...

Hi Jamie. I can't believe that I am just now finding your blog! I'm from Louisiana
, also, and I try to find and give a shout out to other La. bloggers. Nice to meet ya!
This pretty little quilt would definity have pleased my mom. She was a birder and a quilter. Those small corners and plusses are beautiful integrated into your bird panel. Surely the fabrics all came from the same line as the bird panel--the match is uncanny. Beautiful finish!

Sarah Craig said...

That's so pretty, Jamie, and what a tribute to your mom! Whoop whoop!!